Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Of all the things to wish against...

my stupid mother is being a stupid mother. again. as usual, she's asking the "what are you going to do...?" question in order to avoid all responsibility. you know, she actually had the audacity today to use me as an excuse as to why she "couldn't" get a job. lovely. i just absolutely love it when i'm used as an escape clause. but, that's not the real issue here. and i shouldn't be ragging on my mom so much. i understand that she has her flaws and there aren't really that many things i can do to jog her out of her rut without permanently hurting her feelings. i'd rather do that when i didn't rely on her so much...it would make things easier. well, at least a little bit, anyway. I'd still feel horribly guilty for the rest of my life, i'm afraid...
okay, on to happier subjects. like pillows. a pillow sounds really nice. a giant, wonderful, fluffy one that smells like chocolate and detergent. and a blanket--no, make that a quilt. a big, wonderful down-filled one that never stops poofing unless you wedge it between two three-ton rocks for forty years. yes...and a nice cup of hot chocolate with those teeny marshmallows. and a book. an all-engrossing, fantastical, wondermus book that never ends. a small, white room with late-spring sunlight streaming through billowing, gauzy curtains...and the smell of flowers floating in through the open windows...
oh! you know what my favorite flowers are? lilies and daffodils. they're like total opposites. lillies are elagant, with bold lines and delicate colors. but daffodils are durable, bright, peppy flowers. yep, totally unalike but my favorite flowers anyway. i can't wait until my daffodils grow in. my step-dad had better not mow them down this time.
well, i'm going to go now. bye-bye!

2 comments:

BLITZKRIEG! said...

steph, your imagery of fluffy pillows, a nice down quilt, and a cup of hot chocolate put me in such a good mood that I've done just that; crawled back into my own down comforter-covered bed PILED with comfy pillows, and BOOKS, and a cup of cocoa...with sun streaming in my windows with NO curtains. I despise window dressings. Oh, and the only thing I'd add to this little picture of perfection is...a cat. My Lilo, curled up here next to me, purring. Life is good. :P

stephanie said...

well, i'm glad i gave you a reason to relax for a while