Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Exceptional fortitude is just a kinder way of saying "obstinancy"

so i've nothing to do. but that doesn't prove any different than most other days...in fact, i'm simply stating the obvious at this point. uggh...i want to go braid my hair. i think i will in a few minutes. and i'll probably wear it up tomorrow. i'm to the point where i want to hack all my hair off but i'm not going to because who knows what it's going to look like as it grows out? so i'll leave it alone and just let it get longer...hah...years and years from now, i'll be one of those old women with long, gray hair always in a braid straight down their backs, walking around in long, poofy skirts and outrageously colored shirts. yep. that's my plan.
so i'll probably ramble on for a bit of a turn, simply because boredom snuck up on me and is now attempting to play chess...
it needs to warm up. after all, it feels like spring. funny, how can you explain that? spring always reminds me of my grandmother's house. not the one i lived with, the other one. i would stay in this little white room with a little bed covered in floral patterns. everything smelled like my grandmother but i never minded; she smells good. i don't know how to explain it. and it smelled like powder in there, too, because my grandmother had this old powder container on my dresser, filled with baby powder, and there was this wonderful feathery thing resting there, like it was a cradle. anyway, in the mornings, i would wake up to the sun filling up the little room and birds chirping just outside the window, like they were trying to tell me how wonderful it was going to be that day. i always felt so happy when i was over there, so bright. i don't know what to say about it. it makes me smile, the memory does. ah, but i was talking about spring, yes? it's there, in the air, waiting for me when i wake up and, despite the cold, spring lingers in the trees, the sky, as i step outside. and i can't help but smile. regardless of the temperatures, spring is coming and it makes me feel like...waiting. spring is anticipation, i think...and bright green. it's wonderful.
hmm...i just ordered more books from amzon...it was a bit troublesome at first but totally worth it...i bought a book for my AP book project thingie and a couple others (i just couldn't resist!) now i have to wait for a couple of days for them to get here...and then i can read them! yay!
well, i should go now. bye.

No comments: