Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vikings and Dinosuars

So. I woke up at 4:30 this morning from a really bizarre dream about Vikings fighting off dinosuars in Jurassic Park. This dream made me think about Iceland, with it's Nordic background and volcanoes...which made me think of the geography paper i turned in last friday...and then came the horrid, wretched realization that my in-text citations were nothing more than just mere numbers that i had used because I had not done my works cited page. The thing is, I meant to fix the in-text citations...right after I did my works cited. Well, I fixed up my works cited and sent off my paper...only to realize at four this morning that I had not, in fact, fixed my in-text citations and that instead of looking like this: (McKnight 439), they looked like this: (3). I must have really confused my professor. Because they weren't even ordered by how the references appeared in the works cited. So. after dwelling on my mistake for the entirety of the day, I decided to fix the citations and resend my paper. I explained to my professor that I didn't care if he still took off points, I just needed to resend the paper to him so I wouldn't flip out.

See what happens when you have two papers due, homework, and three exams all in one week? you wake up the next week from biazarro dreams lamenting your idiotically weird writing habits...ah. At least Dr. Nichols is nice and has a sense of humor...if nothing else, he'll get a laugh from my oddities.

oh, yeah. and here's something else. I somehow messed up my wrist last night while I was typing furiously away on my laptop, editing one of my stories. I was typing and heard my wrist make an odd clicking noise. I didn't really pay it any attention until my wrist started feeling like it was burning...and then it kept clicking every time i moved it. after that, i decided i'd had enough computer use for one night. It still feels really weird and aches a bit, but i'm sure i don't have anything to worry about. i mean, i already have cysts on my hands...they're not harmful or anything, they just form on the tendons of the hand (called ganglion cysts). apparently, it's more common in women and especially so in my family...

No comments: